Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Problem streaming Apple TV+ on LG 43UH6100 TV

My Apple TV+ performance has erroded over time, a few months ago we had what appeared to be buffering issues, then specific shows on Apple TV+ would intermitantly loose Audio then loose video and then display the "Video Not Available" message. Now I can't stream for more than 1 minute before loosing audio/video and getting the "Video Not Available" message.

I tried streaming Apple TV+ on my PC and it worked perfectly.

Nothing I have done has effected the problem on the TV:

1) I have unplugged my Verizon 5G gateway and Smart TV for >3 min

2) I verified my TV's FW version is up to date.

3) Deleated and re-loaded the TV's latest Apple TV+ App.

4) Resorted the TV to it's origianal settings and re-setup.

5) I tested the Apple TV+ with an ethernet cable from the modem to TV

6) I got some help with some of the above from LG support and they also recomended changing the TV's location to Canada then back to my actual country and zip code.

I would like to try rolling back the TV FW as the last update was this Feb 2023, and all but the buffering problem seem to begin after that update. however I have not found the old FW.

I am using a Verizon 5G gateway. I tested the download speed and consitantly got about 50 Mbps. I also tried disableing IPV6 on the gateway router with no effect.

The evidence points to a communication problem from my modem to the TV though I am not knowlegable on the ins and outs of that link or what may have changed.

43UH6100-UH,

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 8:32 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 17, 2024 9:42 AM in response to ee_pete

Please don't confuse download speed with Wi-Fi range, these are 2 totally different issues. You can have a very quick download speed where the router is located however if Wi-Fi devices are on a different floor or other parts of the house the range may not be strong enough to provide an adequate signal throughout your home.

I recommend that you use a signal strength app such as iStumbler where the TV and Apple TV are located. If you find it is much weaker than where the router is located then it may be time to upgrade the network to a mesh network to ensure you get a strong signal all over the house.

Also, if you have a lot of Wi-Fi devices in your home, remember each of them are competing for available bandwidth. I support well over 35 devices in my home (computers, phones, Apple TVs, cameras, iPads, speakers, etc...) and had to upgrade to a mesh network some years ago, this took care of my problem. If you are not familiar with mesh networks, there are tons of articles (Google them) to learn what a mesh network is and how simple they are to setup. You can find them all over the place including Costco, Best Buy, Target, etc...

Apr 17, 2024 12:10 PM in response to billyboi71

Thanks for the reply:)

I gave up on Apple+ on WiFi from my Verizon 5G gateway for a while but did stream it from my laptop with HDMI which is a pain in the *** having no remote. A month or two later the problem was still there but much less frequent and eventualy went away. I may have logged out of Apple+ but I did not notice a correlation at the time.

I tend to think this was an LG SW lack of testing problem but, clearly I can't prove that. Seems like WiFi fault tracing SW must exist but I have not looked into it. I would like the same thing for Blue Tooth. I hate the failed to pair message (if the unit even has that) blind trial and error is a pain. My Subaru frequently fails to pair with my phone , but sometimes works?

Regards,

Pete

Problem streaming Apple TV+ on LG 43UH6100 TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.