Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Iphone don't recognize correct passcode

When trying to update ios version, my iphone 12 mini wont accept my correct passcode, what can I do now if I dont want to reset and lose all the data in my iphone?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 7:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 8:01 PM

Unfortunately, you don't have a choice.

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled or unavailable -

Click on the link for instructions on how to reset your passcode without a computer if you have iOS 15.2 or higher.

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

Click on the link for instructions on how to reset your passcode using a computer.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2023 8:01 PM in response to Cher1711

Unfortunately, you don't have a choice.

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled or unavailable -

Click on the link for instructions on how to reset your passcode without a computer if you have iOS 15.2 or higher.

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

Click on the link for instructions on how to reset your passcode using a computer.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Jul 15, 2023 8:00 PM in response to Cher1711

Cher1711 Said:

"Iphone don't recognize correct passcode: When trying to update ios version, my iphone 12 mini wont accept my correct passcode, what can I do now if I dont want to reset and lose all the data in my iPhone?"

-------

Updating an iPhon 12 Mini:

Try using a computer, setting if you don't get the same prompt. Another option is to use Cellular, as long as 5G is available in your area.

Use my User Tips:

Report back if either of these works...

IMPORTANT:

Backup Prior to Updating:

IMPORTANT: If you have an option to update, however, then be certain you backup your iPhone first. That way, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong with the update

Iphone don't recognize correct passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.