Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

iMessage group chat will not let me send messages in iMessage

i’m in an iMessage group chat but unable to send messages that way, they’ve been defaulting to Text Message for about 2 days now. tried everything and not sure how to fix.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 8:51 PM

1 reply

Jul 16, 2023 6:23 PM in response to aelyceb

Hi aelyceb,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. If you are having issues sending messages, here are a few steps that may be useful:

1. Restart your iPhone to see if the issue persists: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

2. Update your iPhone to rule out the older software: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

3. Try the steps here to see if they help: If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

4. If you need further support, reach out to Apple Support here: Contact - Official Apple Support

Have a great day.

iMessage group chat will not let me send messages in iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.