Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iTunes search not working on iPhone

Is anyone else having trouble with iTunes search on the iPhone? I find that sometimes when I type something into iTunes search nothing shows up in the results but when I quit the app and reopen it then do the same search the results show up. Also if I try to do multiple searches I have to quit the app and open it again to continue searching.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Jul 16, 2023 12:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2023 5:34 AM

It’s because the iTunes Store is a flaky piece of ****🤷🏻‍♂️

5 replies

Jul 17, 2023 11:06 PM in response to Raicya

Thank you. I’ve tried that and I still have the problem. The weird thing is I don’t get the message that it can’t connect to the store. When I click on the search icon I see the search bar and the list of suggestions they give before you type anything. When I type my search item the suggestions list is still there. It doesn’t give me a list of suggestions based on what I typed to search. I now know when I go to search and if the suggestions doesn’t relate to what I start typing then I close the app and reopen it. I’m gonna try apple support and hopefully they can figure it out cause it’s a pain having to close the app to do a search.

Jul 16, 2023 12:28 AM in response to bidwells13

Check the network connection:

You need to have a good Service and/or Wi-Fi.

If they are On, turn Off Hotspot & VPN.

Charge the battery > 70%.

If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services

If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services - Apple Support

👉 If you tried all of the above steps and you still can’t connect, contact Apple Support.

Oct 25, 2023 6:48 PM in response to Raicya

Hello my name is Lisa Williams I try to put iTunes on my iPod tablet and it stopped working so you can email me back and you can call me tomorrow or Friday whatever whatever and we'll do it on the computer okay so please write me back and it's possible okay then have a great night good night and tell him to take this thing off of it here hold on

iTunes search not working on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.