touchpad is little bit down in right side

I think my macbook air m1's touchpad is little bit down in right side. I feel that and I'm sure. That is my new and first macbook. What can I do?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 16, 2023 2:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2023 6:34 AM

There are two "levels" of clicking that your trackpad can do. One is the normal click, but if you continue pressing a little harder it will do an even deeper click, called a Force Click. A force click feels like you're clicking even lower down on the trackpad.

Is it possible that you're doing that deeper click on the right side of your trackpad? If that's the case, and this is a feature you don't like, you can disable it in Settings -> Trackpad and disable "Force Click and Haptic Feedback."

A Force Click is a trick of the mind. It uses vibrations and sound to make it feel like you're click more deeply that you really are. So if your trackpad is physically lower on one side, and you can see that with your eyes, it is likely physically bent and will need to be repaired. If you recently bought your MacBook it will likely still be covered under warranty. I recommend chatting with Apple Support in that case to see what they can do for you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2023 6:34 AM in response to souravha

There are two "levels" of clicking that your trackpad can do. One is the normal click, but if you continue pressing a little harder it will do an even deeper click, called a Force Click. A force click feels like you're clicking even lower down on the trackpad.

Is it possible that you're doing that deeper click on the right side of your trackpad? If that's the case, and this is a feature you don't like, you can disable it in Settings -> Trackpad and disable "Force Click and Haptic Feedback."

A Force Click is a trick of the mind. It uses vibrations and sound to make it feel like you're click more deeply that you really are. So if your trackpad is physically lower on one side, and you can see that with your eyes, it is likely physically bent and will need to be repaired. If you recently bought your MacBook it will likely still be covered under warranty. I recommend chatting with Apple Support in that case to see what they can do for you.

touchpad is little bit down in right side

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.