Remote Desktop 10.8.4

I have a MacBook Pro 2019 running OS Ventura (latest version)

Going from Remote Desktop 10.8.3 to 10.8.4, I have lost the ability to use the Keyboard in Scancode mode. No keys respond, but the track pad moves the cursor. In Unicode mode I can type characters but backspace/delete, shift, return and the arrow keys do not work. The ability to use Unicode or Scankey modes is new to this version reportedly to provide the ability to access a wider variety of characters.

This malfunction happens with all windows based applications … Word, PowerPoint etc. It was not an issue with prior versions of RDT.

Seems to me like a keyboard mapping problem. However, I know enough about this to be dangerous.

I have run the repair program for Mac, restarted the Mac OS, and restarted RDT. I have also restarted my virtual instance of windows 10 and there is no change.

I have posted this as an Azure problem in the Microsoft website. No solutions from that side

I would like to go back to version 10.8.3 or 10.8.2 but I cannot find this version.

Thanks in advance for any helpful hints.

:-)

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Jul 16, 2023 6:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 8:34 AM

Thank you very much for this reference.

I believe something went awry with the update from X.X.3 to X.X.4.

When I move the app to the trash, emptied the trash, restarted the computer, installed the RDT app, repopulated the settings, restarted the computer and established contact with the remote virtual machine, all of the gremlins went away.

The link to the above mentioned article was instrumental in helping me try and assign the issue to the app in contrast to settings on the virtual machine.

thank you.

this can be closed.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2023 8:34 AM in response to Randall_2023

Thank you very much for this reference.

I believe something went awry with the update from X.X.3 to X.X.4.

When I move the app to the trash, emptied the trash, restarted the computer, installed the RDT app, repopulated the settings, restarted the computer and established contact with the remote virtual machine, all of the gremlins went away.

The link to the above mentioned article was instrumental in helping me try and assign the issue to the app in contrast to settings on the virtual machine.

thank you.

this can be closed.

Remote Desktop 10.8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.