Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

no icon to print on my iPad series 9

How do I get an icon so I can

print on my ipad

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jul 16, 2023 8:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 2:29 AM

Do you have an AirPrint-enabled printer that has been correctly setup and joined to your WiFi network?

See:

Apple AirPrint is a driverless connection protocol. A high proportion of modern printers intended for Home, SoHo and Business environments now support AirPrint. Check your printer model against this list:

About AirPrint - Apple Support

If your printer is not compatible with AirPrint, there are alternatives…

Some printer manufacturers have a suitable companion App that provides Print capabilities for mobile devices, often using a web-based print service. Others can print directly if the App supports other network printing protocols. By example, some HP Printers use the HP Smart App - available in the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/hp-smart/id469284907

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2023 2:29 AM in response to lambertj41

Do you have an AirPrint-enabled printer that has been correctly setup and joined to your WiFi network?

See:

Apple AirPrint is a driverless connection protocol. A high proportion of modern printers intended for Home, SoHo and Business environments now support AirPrint. Check your printer model against this list:

About AirPrint - Apple Support

If your printer is not compatible with AirPrint, there are alternatives…

Some printer manufacturers have a suitable companion App that provides Print capabilities for mobile devices, often using a web-based print service. Others can print directly if the App supports other network printing protocols. By example, some HP Printers use the HP Smart App - available in the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/hp-smart/id469284907

no icon to print on my iPad series 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.