I am still having issues with the update of iOS to 16.5.1(c). Can I get some assistance please

Is there a fix to the latest update 16.65.1(c)

my phone doesn’t download content unless connected to wifi.

can’t use messenger or imessage, doesn’t load web pages or media unless connected to wifi

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 12:04 AM

9 replies

Jul 17, 2023 12:24 AM in response to Care_Factor

You can remove it if you want. See the pic below which is self-explanatory

This is how you can disable the Security Response. The pic below is self-explanatory

If you are referring to the iOS update badge that keeps coming up..

While updating iOS is not mandatory, but updating your iOS software provides essential security patches, bug fixes, and enhancements that fortify your device's defenses against potential vulnerabilities. By staying up to date, you ensure that your device benefits from the latest security measures implemented by Apple, reducing the risk of unauthorized access, data breaches, and other malicious activities. Regularly updating your iOS not only enhances the overall security of your device but also helps maintain the privacy and integrity of your personal information. Therefore, while it may not be obligatory, updating iOS is strongly recommended to ensure optimal protection for your device and sensitive data.

Jul 18, 2023 2:22 AM in response to Care_Factor

Experiencing the same issues on two iPhones since installing the rapid response update 16.5.1 (c)

Rebooting/shut down didn’t fix.

Uninstalling as per your steps, so far, fixed!

Thank you!

Can’t believe this issue isn’t more widely reported, as I also have family and friends who have experienced these issues since the rapid response update! Have recommended them to remove the update also, and see how it goes!

Jul 20, 2023 12:33 PM in response to Care_Factor

I have 16.5.1(a) but my iPad cannot download 16.5.1(c) as it gives me an error message that a download requires a wi-fi connection. I also cannot backup the same iPad receiving a similar error message. For the record, I have a screaming wi-if signal. I spent over an hour with AppleCare last night and they were not able to address the issue and have referred me for a technical support appointment. As an experiment, I wiped an older iPad with the same issues and reinstalled everything from scratch. It did update the IOS to 16.5.1(c) but would not do so without requesting access to cellular data. I checked yes even though this particular iPad had no such plan and it did download (the same issue cropped up with apps). The old iPad still will not backup. Any ideas?

I am still having issues with the update of iOS to 16.5.1(c). Can I get some assistance please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.