How to override Photos "sync paused to save battery" on an iPhone 14 Pro

How do I override my iPhone's Photo "sync paused to save battery" feature?

I suspect this so-called battery-saving feature is mainly to benefit Apple's servers, but it's a huge hassle for me as I'm constantly taking photos on my phone that I need to be synced to my laptop immediately for work and email correspondence. Heck, I'd pay a monthly fee if I could toggle this feature off.

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 7:24 PM

My guess is that Apple gets a lot fewer complaints about too much battery saving than they do about not enough. But there’s nothing wrong with having the option to go ahead with background processes, anyway, after being notified. The thing is, griping to us users will do you no good. If you’d like to make a suggestion that Apple will read, you should go here:

Feedback - Photos - Apple

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2023 7:24 PM in response to Xenu007

My guess is that Apple gets a lot fewer complaints about too much battery saving than they do about not enough. But there’s nothing wrong with having the option to go ahead with background processes, anyway, after being notified. The thing is, griping to us users will do you no good. If you’d like to make a suggestion that Apple will read, you should go here:

Feedback - Photos - Apple

Jul 18, 2023 4:51 PM in response to léonie

Today, I had the phone in my hand with 100% battery connected to gigabit wifi and Photos on the phone had the "pausing upload to save battery" message-- ha, ha -- so I plugged in the phone to a charger and the message instantly went away. There is no error. Apple does this by design and there's no way to turn it off.

I don't need to "save battery" to upload 1 image to iCloud with a 100% battery with gigabit wifi. It should upload the image in the background if I choose to override this feature-- but Apple won't let us.

Jul 18, 2023 10:54 PM in response to Richard.Taylor

I didn't come to gripe, I came to get support on how to turn off this feature. The lack of support caused me to gripe. I'm only guessing that Apple doesn't permit turning off this feature; I don't know for sure. I was hoping that some other user might know, which is why I posted here.

Apple Feedback is like spitting into a bottomless pit.

Jul 18, 2023 8:12 AM in response to Xenu007

I sometimes use a small portable charger (an external battery.) It doesn't have to be much-- I saw a tiny thing on Amazon for $14-- but it will convince the phone that it's plugged in and the phone will be happy to continue.

I use a larger on on my Mac Air when I'm away from home, and I want the Mac to continue background processes that it would suspend if not plugged in.

How to override Photos "sync paused to save battery" on an iPhone 14 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.