iOS Photo Sync pauses when on battery

My phone always pauses photo uploads when I'm on battery. I do not want that. I always have plenty of battery for my needs and would MUCH rather have my photos then some extra battery life.

As I write, I'm on my MacBook (unplugged) and it has paused downloading my mail because I am on battery. I am on battery maximum a half hour at a time, and don't need to worry about it. I'd rather have my mail.

I saw this question asked in 2020 with several "Me Too"s but no replies, and the site seemed to tell me that I should ask the question again, so here I am.

iPhone 14

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 6:52 AM

On your iPhone you can force the download from iCloud even on battery power - in Photos look at the status bar in the "library" tab - below the "All Photos". If it is showing that the download has been paused, tap "download now".

It is a bit cumbersome to have to remember to force the syncing on battery power, but you can insist.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2023 6:52 AM in response to Brygs

On your iPhone you can force the download from iCloud even on battery power - in Photos look at the status bar in the "library" tab - below the "All Photos". If it is showing that the download has been paused, tap "download now".

It is a bit cumbersome to have to remember to force the syncing on battery power, but you can insist.

Jun 1, 2023 2:40 PM in response to Brygs

Hi Brygs,

currently you have to be connected to a power supply for a good sync.

If you thing that Apple should change this you would have to contact them directly and give a feedback

Product Feedback - Apple

These forums are supported by users and we can only give tips, if we know a solution / workaround. But we can not change anything on the current software.

Regards Ralf

iOS Photo Sync pauses when on battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.