How do I change my support forum username?

Hi so just to clarify, I'm not talking about changing my AppleID. The username I have for this forum has nothing to do with my AppleID, it was an old username I use to use that I no longer want. I was able to change the username for Game Center and other random areas its appeared but I can't see any option here.

Also in the same vain I have been using the shorter version of my name, changed contact cards etc everything shows the shorter version except for some reason on my MacBook Pro when I have to input my password for admin tasks my full name is still the one that's shown, and if I type in the short version it says wrong user. But when I check user details it's my short version. This isn't important, just more an OCD thing.

If anyone can help would be appreciated, if not no stress.

Peace.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 4:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 4:38 PM

You can do that yourself!

When you reached level 2, you were gifted the ability to report things to the moderators. So, next to your post, tap the “!” in the circle, select a category, and tell them you’d like a username change. They should then contact you by email to finalize the change.

If you have further questions, just reply back! 😊

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2023 4:38 PM in response to MacMikeInOK

You can do that yourself!

When you reached level 2, you were gifted the ability to report things to the moderators. So, next to your post, tap the “!” in the circle, select a category, and tell them you’d like a username change. They should then contact you by email to finalize the change.

If you have further questions, just reply back! 😊

How do I change my support forum username?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.