Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Mac camera not working after trying several fixes

Hello, I'm reaching out for help because ever since 3 months ago my MacBook's camera has not been working at all. I have tried several different fixes with the terminal and checking the camera tab in system status (it shows up), but nothing is fixing my issue.

I was on the latest version of Ventura and I was hoping maybe updating to a beta version of Sonoma would do the trick, but unfortunately it did not do anything.

I bought this mac refurbished so I am praying that there is no hardware damage, but it was working perfectly when I got it and even when I try to use my iPhone or external Logitech c920 webcam as a camera it again does not work.

I really love this Mac and I just want to be able to use FaceTime and PhotoBooth and record video.

-Chris

attached will be screenshots of PhotoBooth, FaceTime, and system status in order.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 2:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 4:37 AM

Hi,

Try to run Apple Diagnostics if it reports internal camera related error.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If it reports error, NDC001, NDC003 to NDC006, or doesn't detect error, you'd better contact Apple Support or take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2023 4:37 AM in response to rxcho

Hi,

Try to run Apple Diagnostics if it reports internal camera related error.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If it reports error, NDC001, NDC003 to NDC006, or doesn't detect error, you'd better contact Apple Support or take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations

Mac camera not working after trying several fixes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.