When I leave my house I cannot get anything on WiFi, no calls texts or social media

Why can’t I get WiFi when I leave my home?

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 4:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 5:01 AM

You can get WiFi as long as there is one to which you can connect. If all the ones outside your house belong to neighbors and they have password protected services then you won't be able to connect to those.

To learn how to connect your device to a Wi-Fi network, including open, secure, public networks, and networks that you've connected with in the past, click here --> Connect to Wi-Fi on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Connect to a Wi-Fi network

1. From your Home screen, go to Settings > Wi-Fi.

2. Turn on Wi-Fi. Your device will automatically search for available Wi-Fi networks.

3. Tap the name of the Wi-Fi network that you want to join. Before you can join the network, you might be asked to enter the network's password or agree to terms and conditions [ Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support ].

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2023 5:01 AM in response to jeannie110

You can get WiFi as long as there is one to which you can connect. If all the ones outside your house belong to neighbors and they have password protected services then you won't be able to connect to those.

To learn how to connect your device to a Wi-Fi network, including open, secure, public networks, and networks that you've connected with in the past, click here --> Connect to Wi-Fi on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Connect to a Wi-Fi network

1. From your Home screen, go to Settings > Wi-Fi.

2. Turn on Wi-Fi. Your device will automatically search for available Wi-Fi networks.

3. Tap the name of the Wi-Fi network that you want to join. Before you can join the network, you might be asked to enter the network's password or agree to terms and conditions [ Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support ].

When I leave my house I cannot get anything on WiFi, no calls texts or social media

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.