How to enter safe mode on iPad

Is there

a safe mode on iPad ?

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 3:26 AM

Unlike Mac and Windows PC with which you may be familiar, iOS/iPadOS don’t have a “safe mode” that permits you to boot the iPad into limited functionality.

An iPad (or iPhone) can boot onto a fully running configuration - or can be placed into its Recovery/Restore state that will require the device to have its Operating System reinstalled.

Have you encountered a problem or difficulty with which you need assistance or guidance?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2023 3:26 AM in response to Greatferm

Unlike Mac and Windows PC with which you may be familiar, iOS/iPadOS don’t have a “safe mode” that permits you to boot the iPad into limited functionality.

An iPad (or iPhone) can boot onto a fully running configuration - or can be placed into its Recovery/Restore state that will require the device to have its Operating System reinstalled.

Have you encountered a problem or difficulty with which you need assistance or guidance?

Mar 7, 2024 11:43 AM in response to Greatferm

My Ipad 11 pro, model A1893, not matter how many times I reboot, it it pops up with a full screen of edge, asking me to sign in with an account that no longer exists. I have tried putting it in recovery mode, but it just says the firmware for this model is unavailable. the thing is entirely locked down and I can do a thing with it. help please I cannot update or restore it. Thanks

How to enter safe mode on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.