Keynote remote not working, iOS 15 and iPadOS 16

Hello need some help here. I cannot connect my ipad as remote control for keynote with the my iphone.

ipad is connect thru iphone hotspot. Already reinstall keynote on both devices.

iPhone 7 15.7.7

Keynote 13.1 (7366.1.100)

iPad Pro 9.7 16.5.1 (c)

Keynote 13.1 (7366.0.100)

Thanks

Earlier iPhone models

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2023 6:05 PM

I had a similar issue but it was solved when on the device I wanted to show the presentation I opened the presentation and then clicked ‘edit’. While in ‘view’ mode there was no option to ‘allow keynote remote’ when I hit the … button. After shifting to ‘edit’ the allow keynote remote appeared.

There are also many other comprehensive outlines of steps to go through available on these support pages, you may need to do all those as well, but none I found mentioned going into edit mode.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2023 6:05 PM in response to jbriga

I had a similar issue but it was solved when on the device I wanted to show the presentation I opened the presentation and then clicked ‘edit’. While in ‘view’ mode there was no option to ‘allow keynote remote’ when I hit the … button. After shifting to ‘edit’ the allow keynote remote appeared.

There are also many other comprehensive outlines of steps to go through available on these support pages, you may need to do all those as well, but none I found mentioned going into edit mode.

Keynote remote not working, iOS 15 and iPadOS 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.