checking for viruses on Ventura MacOS

How do you check and fix any viruses on Venture MacOS -- I am getting notifications that virus detected and my OS software is up-to-date.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 10:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 11:49 AM

Same basic issue as Calendar spam.

If these are sliding in the from the top right of the screen, a site you visited has given itself permission to send push notifications. Everything you're seeing is nothing but a scam.

Open Safari's preferences. Click on the Websites tab and then scroll down to Notifications. Clear any entries in the right hand window. You might find something similar in the Pop-up Windows heading below that. Block any you don't recognize.

Then if you want, uncheck the box below as shown here.

I personally can't think of any reason why I would ever want any website to push notices to me.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2023 11:49 AM in response to SupportHelpNeeded

Same basic issue as Calendar spam.

If these are sliding in the from the top right of the screen, a site you visited has given itself permission to send push notifications. Everything you're seeing is nothing but a scam.

Open Safari's preferences. Click on the Websites tab and then scroll down to Notifications. Clear any entries in the right hand window. You might find something similar in the Pop-up Windows heading below that. Block any you don't recognize.

Then if you want, uncheck the box below as shown here.

I personally can't think of any reason why I would ever want any website to push notices to me.

checking for viruses on Ventura MacOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.