Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Gmail Notes disappeared

It seems others have asked this question before, but I haven't discovered a solution... My phone kept popping up with a message stating that I needed to sign into my google account in the settings app. I clicked on it and signed in. The next time I checked my notes app, all my notes stored in the Gmail folder were gone... All of them. Since the notes app syncs with Gmail, I went to Gmail and checked the notes category. Some of my notes were there. However, every note I wrote down (I write in there a lot) since 2018 is gone... Not in Gmail, not in the notes app. Where can I go to recover these notes?

PS - Also, apparently It's not a Google problem as "Gmail simply syncs the data from the Notes app (if Notes says delete everything, Gmail does as instructed). Google is just a “container” the notes app uses to save stuff in."

iPhone SE (2nd generation)

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 4:17 PM

Bcook25 wrote:

It seems others have asked this question before, but I haven't discovered a solution... My phone kept popping up with a message stating that I needed to sign into my google account in the settings app. I clicked on it and signed in. The next time I checked my notes app, all my notes stored in the Gmail folder were gone... All of them. Since the notes app syncs with Gmail, I went to Gmail and checked the notes category. Some of my notes were there. However, every note I wrote down (I write in there a lot) since 2018 is gone... Not in Gmail, not in the notes app. Where can I go to recover these notes?

PS - Also, apparently It's not a Google problem as "Gmail simply syncs the data from the Notes app (if Notes says delete everything, Gmail does as instructed). Google is just a “container” the notes app uses to save stuff in."

And vice versa if you delete it from gmail it also deletes it from notes app, and since you synced it to gmail ask google on how recover deleted notes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2023 4:17 PM in response to Bcook25

Bcook25 wrote:

And vice versa if you delete it from gmail it also deletes it from notes app, and since you synced it to gmail ask google on how recover deleted notes.

Gmail Notes disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.