Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Apple watches 8 GPS ( no cellular )

Hi ! I want to buy an apple watches from the original apple store ( apple.com ). So I think that it counts as American apple store. And I want to buy from there the new Apple watch 8 with just the GPS. Will it work just fine or are there any issues I should look for ? Because if I wanted to buy them from the regional apple web (apple.com/cz) they will cost about 150 dollars more. From what I have read about it. It shouldnt be much of a problem, but the only thing which annoys me is the service. Will I be able to let them be repaired in Czech republic If I they found out that they were bought from the international apple store, and not the regional one ? Or is there anything more which I should reconsider ? Thanks for the tips !

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 9:07 AM

A GPS only Apple Watch will work with any compatible iPhone (iPhone 8 or later).

However, as mentioned, in country, you can only get an Apple Watch from your local Apple Store or local Apple online store. Or authorized 3rd party sellers. Beware of anything else, or at least make sure you can contact them if the Watch does not work (too many cases of stolen locked Apple Watches being sold and the seller disappearing).

If you travel to another country and get an Apple Watch GPS only model, it will work with your iPhone, but you will not have a warranty, as they are country specific. Also depending on where an Apple Watch was purchased, it may have country specific limitations.

hhttps://www.apple.com/watchos/feature-availability/

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2023 9:07 AM in response to SlezgymCEO

A GPS only Apple Watch will work with any compatible iPhone (iPhone 8 or later).

However, as mentioned, in country, you can only get an Apple Watch from your local Apple Store or local Apple online store. Or authorized 3rd party sellers. Beware of anything else, or at least make sure you can contact them if the Watch does not work (too many cases of stolen locked Apple Watches being sold and the seller disappearing).

If you travel to another country and get an Apple Watch GPS only model, it will work with your iPhone, but you will not have a warranty, as they are country specific. Also depending on where an Apple Watch was purchased, it may have country specific limitations.

hhttps://www.apple.com/watchos/feature-availability/

Apple watches 8 GPS ( no cellular )

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.