Apple TV not working

Have recently signed up to Apple TV using a windows PC. When I try to view a movie it gives me a still image with play free episode, and two play it free options. When I try to get any further it signs me in but goes no further. Help

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 11:17 AM

Select first episodes from TV shows on Apple TV+ are free to watch as a teaser of sorts. Users still need to sign in using an Apple ID account. Watching more episodes requires linking an Apple TV+ subscription to your Apple ID account. Verify in the site’s Settings (Account Settings)﹥Subscriptions that you indeed have an active Apple TV+ subscription on this account.

For tested playback support on Windows 10 or later, Apple recommends using an up-to-date Chrome (v115 as of now) or Firefox browser (also v115 by chance). Watch Apple TV+ in a web browser - Apple Support

Some other browsers or older versions may not support all the web features that the site will use.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2023 11:17 AM in response to Charlierex1

Select first episodes from TV shows on Apple TV+ are free to watch as a teaser of sorts. Users still need to sign in using an Apple ID account. Watching more episodes requires linking an Apple TV+ subscription to your Apple ID account. Verify in the site’s Settings (Account Settings)﹥Subscriptions that you indeed have an active Apple TV+ subscription on this account.

For tested playback support on Windows 10 or later, Apple recommends using an up-to-date Chrome (v115 as of now) or Firefox browser (also v115 by chance). Watch Apple TV+ in a web browser - Apple Support

Some other browsers or older versions may not support all the web features that the site will use.

Jul 21, 2023 9:06 AM in response to Charlierex1

Sign In or Sign Up

Users will need to be signed in with their (own) Apple ID account that has the Apple TV+ subscription linked to it (either as direct subscriber, or through Family Sharing). Accessing Settings may require confirmation sign-in again in some cases.

I was able to watch the first episode, until I used theaccount for my wifes smart TV upstairs. I thought Apple TV supported multiple devices on one account.

Users can watch Apple TV+ on any of their devices, even with a limited number of simultaneous streams.

Apple TV not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.