Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

"This Apple ID is not valid or not supported."

On my MacBook Air, I get prompted to sign into a certain Apple ID. However, I have gone appleid.apple.com to change the password, and I get this "This Apple ID is not valid or not supported."

What can I do? I read that some apps are tied to the id that they were downloaded under. How do I determine which apps those are?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 8:54 AM

Hello,

For help with that you need to contact Apple. Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2023 8:54 AM in response to geneblack

Hello,

For help with that you need to contact Apple. Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

"This Apple ID is not valid or not supported."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.