Why am I being charged for additional iCloud storage?

Apple sent me an email stating that they have upgraded my iCloud storage plan at no charge, so why am I being charged each month for additional storage. I would like an answer to this question as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Patrick O.

[Edited by Moderator]

iMac 24″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 11:06 AM

Hike the message appears legitimate, do note that it merely shows that the plan you had already been paying for (50 GB/month) has now been updated to include the items and services shown in the email.

3 replies

Jul 20, 2023 11:02 AM in response to Murphsmoves

Here is a copy of the email that I receive stating that I was upgraded for free. So can you explain why I would receive this email if it were not true.

Thanks,

Patrick

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: You've been upgraded to iCloud+ for free
Date: September 20, 2021 at 6:54:47 PM EDT
To:  ***@me.com
     Welcome to iCloud+
Dear Patrick,
Great news! We’ve automatically upgraded your 50 GB iCloud storage plan to iCloud+ at no additional charge, and you can now share your subscription with your family. iCloud+ combines everything you already love about iCloud with new features including iCloud Private Relay, Hide My Email, and more HomeKit Secure Video support.
Learn more about iCloud+

Family Sharing
Share your iCloud+ plan with up to five family members so everyone can use the features and included storage with one subscription.
Set up Family Sharing

Beta
iCloud Private Relay
Private Relay is a new internet privacy service that lets you connect to virtually any network and browse with Safari in an even more secure and private way.1

Hide My Email
Hide My Email lets you create unique, random email addresses that forward to your inbox so you can send and receive email without having to share your personal email address.

HomeKit Secure Video
Connect your home security cameras in the Home App so you can record and view the footage from anywhere. It’s private, secure, and doesn’t use your iCloud storage.2

If you’re an Apple One subscriber, you will automatically get these iCloud+ features as part of your subscription at no additional cost.
1 When using Private Relay (Beta), some websites may have issues, like showing content for the wrong region or requiring extra steps to sign in.

2 HomeKit Secure Video requires a supported iCloud plan, compatible HomeKit-enabled security camera, and HomePod, Apple TV, or iPad running as a home hub.

Some features require iOS 15 or macOS Monterey. Learn how to review, manage, or cancel your subscription.
All rights reserved. Copyright © 2021 Apple Inc. One Apple Park Way, Cupertino, CA 95014
Privacy Policy  |   Terms & Conditions  |   Support  |   Account  |   Subscribe

[Email Edited by Moderator]

Why am I being charged for additional iCloud storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.