iPhone battery draining quickly and getting hot when using Audible app all of a sudden

iPhone battery draining quickly and getting hot when using Audible app all of a sudden.

The app and the iOS are up to date.

I've done a force close and hard restart of the phone.

I've done an offload of the app and reinstalled it.

I've called Audible.

Right now the phone is at 82% after an hour of being off the charger. I've been checking settings and having the Audible app run in the background with occasional use while eating.

This is new behavior, before the last update I was able to use it pretty much all day. Which was pretty good for an X. Not so much any more.

iOS 16.5.1 (c)

Audible app 4.1 (905)

iPhone X

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 6:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2024 3:28 PM

This just started for me. I noticed it yesterday, 1-9-24. Before then I was listening to audible constantly for way over a year with no issues. But yesterday I noticed that my phone was hot when playing and listening to audible and my battery was just about dead which was really weird since I didn’t do much on it other than playing some audible. So I paid more attention to it and closed all background apps and turned on audible and it drained it down to 84 % within 15 min from full and the phone was really hot. So I charged it then unplugged it and turned on reg music from pandora snd the phone was fine. Not hot and not draining the battery. Cleared out all apps other than audible and my timer and put audible on for 5 min. Starting at 99% went down to 93% and got really hot. What do I do?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2024 3:28 PM in response to New Guy 2

This just started for me. I noticed it yesterday, 1-9-24. Before then I was listening to audible constantly for way over a year with no issues. But yesterday I noticed that my phone was hot when playing and listening to audible and my battery was just about dead which was really weird since I didn’t do much on it other than playing some audible. So I paid more attention to it and closed all background apps and turned on audible and it drained it down to 84 % within 15 min from full and the phone was really hot. So I charged it then unplugged it and turned on reg music from pandora snd the phone was fine. Not hot and not draining the battery. Cleared out all apps other than audible and my timer and put audible on for 5 min. Starting at 99% went down to 93% and got really hot. What do I do?

iPhone battery draining quickly and getting hot when using Audible app all of a sudden

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.