You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 11 got wet and now it wont stay on

My iphone 11 got wet last night and when I charged it I got a message saying the lightning port detected water. I took it out, let it dry a little and then recharged it. It looked like it was charging but when I use the phone it keeps shutting down and showing a black screen with the apple symbol. Then I tap on the screen and it is at the home screen. It doesnt seem to be working properly. According to apple support my phone is water resistant up to 2 meters and 30 minutes in water. This is not the first time I have used my phone in the water, never had this problem before.

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 9:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 9:16 AM

Banginraisin wrote:

According to apple support my phone is water resistant up to 2 meters and 30 minutes in water. This is not the first time I have used my phone in the water, never had this problem before.

Water resistant is not waterproof and there is guarantee that even though it is water resistant that it can’t be damage by water. If this is not the first time that you have exposed your phone to water, you may have finally given the kiss of death to your phone.

Take it to an Apple Store. You will most likely need to get a replacement. You will have to pay for the replacement.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 20, 2023 9:16 AM in response to Banginraisin

Banginraisin wrote:

According to apple support my phone is water resistant up to 2 meters and 30 minutes in water. This is not the first time I have used my phone in the water, never had this problem before.

Water resistant is not waterproof and there is guarantee that even though it is water resistant that it can’t be damage by water. If this is not the first time that you have exposed your phone to water, you may have finally given the kiss of death to your phone.

Take it to an Apple Store. You will most likely need to get a replacement. You will have to pay for the replacement.

My iphone 11 got wet and now it wont stay on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.