Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Unable to download the app

Confirmation is required to re-download the free app 

This is followed by "to continue using the mobile payment, you may need to deposit a sufficient amount to your account"

How much money are we talking about if I need to download a free app? Further, it writes that there are not enough funds, although the balance on the phone is acceptable (there are also no subscriptions, except for iCloud, but it has already paid)

I can't change the payment method, because I can't enter the card 

I can't delete the payment method, because it says that there is a subscription, although I repeat, there are no active subscriptions expect from iCloud (it has been already paid)

How can  I re-download the app?! All previously downloaded apps are not installed

iPhone (qwqer)

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 1:22 PM

I can't delete the payment method, because it says that there is a subscription, although I repeat, there are no active subscriptions expect from iCloud (it has been already paid)

If you have an iCloud subscription, you will receive a monthly bill from Apple.

See -> Remove a payment method from your Apple ID

Remove a payment method from your Apple ID - Apple Support

⤵️

If you can't remove a payment method

If you have subscriptions like iCloud+, have an unpaid balance, or you use purchase sharing, you must keep at least one payment method on file.

How much money are we talking about if I need to download a free app?

That's hard to say . . .

You can download free apps, but free apps has also In-app pruchase.

The best is add funds to your SIM card balance.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2023 1:22 PM in response to dpnpk

If you have an iCloud subscription, you will receive a monthly bill from Apple.

See -> Remove a payment method from your Apple ID

Remove a payment method from your Apple ID - Apple Support

⤵️

If you can't remove a payment method

If you have subscriptions like iCloud+, have an unpaid balance, or you use purchase sharing, you must keep at least one payment method on file.

How much money are we talking about if I need to download a free app?

That's hard to say . . .

You can download free apps, but free apps has also In-app pruchase.

The best is add funds to your SIM card balance.

Jul 20, 2023 6:45 PM in response to Raicya

I repeat, the balance of my SIM card has been replenished.Itunes is paid for, there are no other active subscriptions. I cannot download any app that I have previously downloaded.The problem is not the balance of the SIM card, but the fact that I can't download the application back. I assume that this is a system error - I'm interested in what to do with this error.There is no data on my problem on the Apple website

Unable to download the app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.