How to get rid of the notification of mail delivery on my Mac?

Mail is putting a notice of what mail I am receiving in the upper right hand corner of my screen. It is covering actions such as labeling an email with a color, or forwarding. I can't remove it. This is a new problem. How can I get rid of the box?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2023 2:06 AM

If you have no desire to see that type of system notifications from the Mail app, then you can exclude that app form the notification system. Change Notifications settings on Mac - Apple Support

It seems you have the Mail app on your Mac in full screen mode. Consider not doing that, instead experience the Mac with floating, movable, and resizable windows. Then you can position it when the notifications do not cover the Mail window(s).

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2023 2:06 AM in response to Dollhousedude

If you have no desire to see that type of system notifications from the Mail app, then you can exclude that app form the notification system. Change Notifications settings on Mac - Apple Support

It seems you have the Mail app on your Mac in full screen mode. Consider not doing that, instead experience the Mac with floating, movable, and resizable windows. Then you can position it when the notifications do not cover the Mail window(s).

Jul 22, 2023 2:06 AM in response to Dollhousedude

Depending on your version system software, there may be some variance, but for macOS Ventura:

System Settings allows for configuration of settings for Notifications.

Note that one can choose for none vs. banners vs. alerts for each app. Banners are short duration, but alerts stay until dismissed (closed). A close (x) button appears in the top-left corner of the alert notification when the mouse pointer is hovering there.

How to get rid of the notification of mail delivery on my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.