Family sharing issues

Hi, I have set up Family Sharing with 3 other members of my family. For one it works as advertised (leading me to think it is ok on my end). For my partner and daughter, who often live in another country (should not matter right), it does not work.

For example, on their iPhone they are logged into their account and they see they are part of the family in the Settings app. But if they open the Apple TV app or the Music app, then they are offered a free trial rather than being able to stream content. Why???

We have tried removing them and adding them to the family again. Logging out from their AppleID on their devices and logging back in, restarting all devices multiple times. This has been going on for many months.

Any ideas of how to diagnose this issue and fix it?

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 8:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 8:44 AM

Is this only an issue when they are outside the country?

Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions - Legal - Apple Media Services - Apple

- "Our Services are available for your use in your country of residence (“Home Country”).

And: "Certain Services and Content available to you in your Home Country may not be available to you when traveling outside of your Home Country."

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2023 8:44 AM in response to pauld000

Is this only an issue when they are outside the country?

Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions - Legal - Apple Media Services - Apple

- "Our Services are available for your use in your country of residence (“Home Country”).

And: "Certain Services and Content available to you in your Home Country may not be available to you when traveling outside of your Home Country."

Family sharing issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.