You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

đź’ˇ Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

To find lost Airpods Pro

My AirPods got lost. But in the find my it shows location and when we search for it we couldn’t find it on the exact location. The time is updating in the find my app up-to date then why i couldn’t find it in the location

AirPods Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 10:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 4:00 AM

AirPods Pro do not have their own GPS, so Find My will report the position fix of the iPhone or other device which is connecting them. That means they will be within about 10 metres of the device which is reporting their location. Getting closer than that needs you to search with your eyes.

If you are lucky you might be able to use Find My to play a sound from the AirPods to help the search. However, AirPods Pro original version use the AirPods to make the sound so if the charging case is closed it is not really audible. AirPods Pro Gen2 added an external speaker in the charging case.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 21, 2023 4:00 AM in response to piumi32

AirPods Pro do not have their own GPS, so Find My will report the position fix of the iPhone or other device which is connecting them. That means they will be within about 10 metres of the device which is reporting their location. Getting closer than that needs you to search with your eyes.

If you are lucky you might be able to use Find My to play a sound from the AirPods to help the search. However, AirPods Pro original version use the AirPods to make the sound so if the charging case is closed it is not really audible. AirPods Pro Gen2 added an external speaker in the charging case.

To find lost Airpods Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.