Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Has an issue with iTunes remote been reported after installing iOS and iPadOS 16.5.1c

After installing 16.5.1C on both my iPhone and iPad, both can longer connect to my MAC using iTunes remote and control music from my MAC. Home sharing is on, everything is on the same WiFi network and I am using the same AppleID on all devices. When I click on Remote, it asks me on login to Home Sharing and gets stuck there. In Settings, the Home Sharing button is now stuck on.

iPhone 12

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 11:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 2:35 AM

Please see the pic below which depicts the process through which I just connected my iPhone to My Mac using iTunes Remote

Repeat the process for Apple Music and Apple TV separately. You will get different codes each time

3 replies

Jul 21, 2023 7:15 AM in response to Macrnash

To resolve the issue of your iPhone and iPad not connecting to your MAC using iTunes remote, follow these troubleshooting steps:

1. Restart all Devices: Begin by restarting your iPhone, iPad, and MAC. Sometimes, a simple restart can fix connectivity issues.

2. Check WiFi Connection: Ensure that all devices are connected to the same WiFi network. If there are multiple networks available, make sure they are all on the same one.

3. Update iOS and macOS: Verify that your iPhone, iPad, and MAC are running the latest software updates. If not, update them to the latest version.

4. Enable Home Sharing: Double-check that Home Sharing is enabled on your MAC. Go to "iTunes" on your MAC, click "File" in the top menu, and choose "Home Sharing." Then, select "Turn On Home Sharing" and enter your AppleID credentials if prompted.

5. Sign Out and Sign In: On your iPhone and iPad, sign out of the iTunes Store and App Store, then sign back in with the same AppleID used on your MAC.

6. Reboot Router: Restart your WiFi router to refresh the network connection.

7. Disable and Re-enable Home Sharing: On your MAC, turn off Home Sharing in iTunes, wait a few seconds, then turn it back on. Do the same on your iPhone and iPad.

8. Check Firewall Settings: Ensure that your MAC's firewall settings are not blocking incoming connections from your iOS devices. You can adjust firewall settings in "System Preferences" > "Security & Privacy" > "Firewall."

9. Try Different Network: If possible, try connecting your devices to a different WiFi network to see if the issue persists.

10. Reset Network Settings: As a last resort, you can try resetting the network settings on your iPhone and iPad. Go to "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Reset Network Settings." Note that this will erase saved WiFi passwords.

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it's advisable to contact Apple Support for further assistance.

Has an issue with iTunes remote been reported after installing iOS and iPadOS 16.5.1c

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.