Gmail time out issues / All old inbox emails not loading

In the last week or two, having some real issues about Mail timeout issues on my two Gmail accounts. Also, the majority of my inbox emails are not showing. I can get new emails, but old ones not loading. Deleted and reinstalled accounts. Time out issues only on MacBook Pro, but old email issues appear on iPhone 14 Pro and iPad. Storage at Google Drive, not an issue. Way below max. Please help.

MacBook (2017)

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 12:23 PM

On the Mac, Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

If still no good Disconnect from the Internet, then start Mail, look for the last rec'd eMail.

Does Mail crash if no internet?

Quit Mail & login to your WebMail in a Browser, if possible delete any later eMails there after the last rec'd one on the Mac.

If you have no POP accounts & they’re all IMAP accounts then in Mail’s Mailbox menu choose Rebuild.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2023 12:23 PM in response to MJRoth3

On the Mac, Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

If still no good Disconnect from the Internet, then start Mail, look for the last rec'd eMail.

Does Mail crash if no internet?

Quit Mail & login to your WebMail in a Browser, if possible delete any later eMails there after the last rec'd one on the Mac.

If you have no POP accounts & they’re all IMAP accounts then in Mail’s Mailbox menu choose Rebuild.

Gmail time out issues / All old inbox emails not loading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.