Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

How to edit Icloud Drive Photos in Photos?

At this point I lost half a day and all my sanity.

I have a folder of Iphone videos from last year on Icloud Drive.

My question is so simple: How do I "see" them in Icloud Photos so I can edit them for Instagram?

Everything is synched up between my devices - I simply cannot move MOV files into Photos. It gives me an error "only jpgs can be moved". How do I merge videos from drive to Photos?

Please help, I watched all the tutorials possible - can it really be true that once you remove some videos from Icloud you can never add them back!? They should be 100% compatible as format and yet......

thanks

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 11:13 AM

When I open a video in a folder on iCloud Drive in the Files.app on my iPhone and play it, then tap the Share button and select the second item "Save Video", the video will be saved to Photos and appears in the Recents album on my iPhone. Is that what you want to do?

Similar questions

2 replies

How to edit Icloud Drive Photos in Photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.