Why can’t i use the iPhone in horizontal view without turning to vertical mode when i use the homescreen for example. Messages, safari etc can be used in horizontal view but not so the homescreen 😡

When i want to use my phone in horizontal view inkist keeping on switching and turning between vertical and horizontal view, as the homescreen or some basic apps (like “settings”) are not working in horizontal mode. This is really annoying and feels really outdated…

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 1:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 1:53 PM

This is expected and normal if you're referring to the home screen. The Home Screen can ONLY be viewed in Portrait orientation, NOT landscape. This is hard coded into iOS and not something you can change.

You can tell Apple you'd like to see the option to view the home screen in landscape mode by telling them here --> Feedback - iPhone - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2023 1:53 PM in response to mr_jaylem

This is expected and normal if you're referring to the home screen. The Home Screen can ONLY be viewed in Portrait orientation, NOT landscape. This is hard coded into iOS and not something you can change.

You can tell Apple you'd like to see the option to view the home screen in landscape mode by telling them here --> Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Why can’t i use the iPhone in horizontal view without turning to vertical mode when i use the homescreen for example. Messages, safari etc can be used in horizontal view but not so the homescreen 😡

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.