Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Horizontal issue on iPhone

How come only when using the apps on my iPhone the landscape view works. However, the landscape view does not work when looking at my home screen for example

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 5:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 5:57 PM

Thanks for your response. I find that to be unacceptable by apple. I have a phone holder in my care when driving that only adapts to a landscaping view position. So when I receive alerts they only can be viewed vertically. That is crazy.... Do you agree?

6 replies

Dec 6, 2020 6:13 PM in response to Don1960

Whether I agree or don't agree makes no difference. The home screen has never rotated on iPhone. I have a phone holder in my car, but it is in portrait orientation. Instead of expecting your phone to do something it was never designed to do, you might want to find another car holder for your phone which doesn't put the phone in landscape orientation. I also don't actually interact with my phone in my car. I use Apple CarPlay.

Horizontal issue on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.