I have the Apple One Premier plan, that is all I want to share with my family.

Can I limit the sharing to that Premier Plan and not share other items or is it all or none?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 8:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 8:30 PM

From: Add a family member to your shared subscriptions - Apple Support

"If you're the family organizer and you don't want to pay for family members' purchases and subscriptions, you can turn off Purchase Sharing [ How to share purchases with your family - Apple Support ]. When Purchase Sharing is turned off, everyone must use their own payment method. When Purchase Sharing is turned off, family members can share subscriptions, but they can't share individual purchases like apps or books."

If that doesn't meet your criteria, you can hide purchases from family members.

Click on this link to learn how to 'Hide purchases from the App Store '- Hide purchases from the App Store - Apple Support

- "When you hide an app, it won't appear in your list of purchases in the App Store. If you use Family Sharing, the app also won't appear in family members' purchases and won't be available for family members to redownload. But the app will still appear in your purchase history."

Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2023 8:30 PM in response to SelahMac

From: Add a family member to your shared subscriptions - Apple Support

"If you're the family organizer and you don't want to pay for family members' purchases and subscriptions, you can turn off Purchase Sharing [ How to share purchases with your family - Apple Support ]. When Purchase Sharing is turned off, everyone must use their own payment method. When Purchase Sharing is turned off, family members can share subscriptions, but they can't share individual purchases like apps or books."

If that doesn't meet your criteria, you can hide purchases from family members.

Click on this link to learn how to 'Hide purchases from the App Store '- Hide purchases from the App Store - Apple Support

- "When you hide an app, it won't appear in your list of purchases in the App Store. If you use Family Sharing, the app also won't appear in family members' purchases and won't be available for family members to redownload. But the app will still appear in your purchase history."

Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support

I have the Apple One Premier plan, that is all I want to share with my family.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.