You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I download iTunes on a MacBook Air

trying to unlock an iPhone I forgot the passcode to, but I can't seem to connect it to iTunes on my MacBook Air. the iTunes app is not showing up in the App Store.aqw1e32

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 22, 2023 8:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2023 8:31 AM

The iTunes app for Mac computers was discontinued and replaced when macOS Catalina was released. It cannot be installed on Macs that are running Catalina or later. See the following Apple article for information about the replacement apps: What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

You may be able to unlock an iPhone that has a forgotten passcode by using a computer, but if you do need to use a Mac, use Finder instead of iTunes.

There is an Apple article that explains what to do if you have forgotten an iPhone or iPad passcode. Click on the following link: If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

If that is not an option, you will need to use a computer. See: If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 22, 2023 8:31 AM in response to Krissy1225

The iTunes app for Mac computers was discontinued and replaced when macOS Catalina was released. It cannot be installed on Macs that are running Catalina or later. See the following Apple article for information about the replacement apps: What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

You may be able to unlock an iPhone that has a forgotten passcode by using a computer, but if you do need to use a Mac, use Finder instead of iTunes.

There is an Apple article that explains what to do if you have forgotten an iPhone or iPad passcode. Click on the following link: If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

If that is not an option, you will need to use a computer. See: If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

can I download iTunes on a MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.