New Macbook Pro [2023] > Which one should I buy?

Hello, wondering what Macbook Pro size and specs would be good for me:

I currently have a Late 2013 Macbook Pro 15″, which contains all of the highest specs.

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Jul 22, 2023 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2023 11:15 AM

No Regrets -

I just purchased a 2023 MacBook Pro 16" M2 Max 12 core, 38 GPU/16 neural core, 96 MB RAM, 2 TB SS storage with Applecare+. It is an amazing machine. When I was researching the purchase, I was advised to get the highest RAM and at least 2 TB storage, if I wanted to retain as much value for future trade-in value, and in order to keep up with future technology advancements.

I just received my MacBook this week, and the system is incredibly powerful, and handles everything I've thrown at it. It is a wonderful machine and does not disappoint. I've been shopping and considering this purchase for over a year and have done extensive research (I make a living as a data analyst & also actively trade stocks), so it was with lots of consideration that I made my decision.

I hope to use my machine to explore AI, in addition to managing personal records, and perhaps editing some photos. Here is a link to the specs of my machine: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1746750-REG/apple_mbp16m2_68_mbp_16_m2m_12c_38c_gpu_96_2tb_sl.html/specs

Good luck with your purchase!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2023 11:15 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

No Regrets -

I just purchased a 2023 MacBook Pro 16" M2 Max 12 core, 38 GPU/16 neural core, 96 MB RAM, 2 TB SS storage with Applecare+. It is an amazing machine. When I was researching the purchase, I was advised to get the highest RAM and at least 2 TB storage, if I wanted to retain as much value for future trade-in value, and in order to keep up with future technology advancements.

I just received my MacBook this week, and the system is incredibly powerful, and handles everything I've thrown at it. It is a wonderful machine and does not disappoint. I've been shopping and considering this purchase for over a year and have done extensive research (I make a living as a data analyst & also actively trade stocks), so it was with lots of consideration that I made my decision.

I hope to use my machine to explore AI, in addition to managing personal records, and perhaps editing some photos. Here is a link to the specs of my machine: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1746750-REG/apple_mbp16m2_68_mbp_16_m2m_12c_38c_gpu_96_2tb_sl.html/specs

Good luck with your purchase!

Jul 22, 2023 10:28 AM in response to AdmiralJayden

AdmiralJayden wrote:

Hello, wondering what Macbook Pro size and specs would be good for me:

I currently have a Late 2013 Macbook Pro 15″, which contains all of the highest specs.

We have no idea what your computing requirements are so it would be impossible for us to tell you which computer to buy. If it were me, to meet my computer needs I would get the highest spec computer I could afford.

Jul 22, 2023 6:31 PM in response to AdmiralJayden

Your requirements are not that difficult for today's Apple-Silicon Macs.

In addition to the MacBook Pro, which may be more computer than you need, You can also consider the MacBook Air, such as the 15-in model, if you add memory well above the basic model. Display memory is shared with main memory, so you will need some extra.

Remember that drives and RAM memory are configurable ONLY when your system is built. Then they are soldered down for maximum reliability.

Jul 22, 2023 6:34 PM in response to AdmiralJayden

Would you like a friendly Apple rep to help you over the phone?

The Apple Store online has agents ready to help you decide the best computer for you. They are not on commission, and Apple maintains a 14-day full-value exchange or return policy. This policy also protects against over-selling stuff you quickly find you do not need.

New Macbook Pro [2023] > Which one should I buy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.