How Do I Close Open Websites on iPad 10?

With my old iPad if I hit the Home button, it would show all the websites and apps that are open. I could then swipe up to close them. With my new iPad 10, there is no home button. I tried swiping up from the bottom of the screen to show all open websites and apps, but that only seems to work about 25% of the time. Is there a different way to show everything that is open, so I can close all of those in background I no longer need running?

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Jul 22, 2023 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2023 12:16 PM

Here is how to: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

The swipe has to be from the bottom and upward slowly.

The following controls might interest, too: Access Control Center on your iPhone - Apple Support

For more info: iPad User Guide - Apple Support

7 replies

Jul 22, 2023 2:56 PM in response to Joey C 2

Joey C 2 wrote:

Thanks! Really? I thought for iPhone and iPad out was advisable not to have too many apps open in the background. Maybe that is wrong, or is not the case anymore?

It was never the case.

Apple would prefer that no one need to fuss with their apps, and has worked toward that goal; to make an iPhone or iPad self-managing to the extent feasible.

More reading, with citations: Do not close iPhone and iPad 'background'… - Apple Community

How Do I Close Open Websites on iPad 10?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.