Forgetting bluetooth headphones from Macbook also forgets it on iPhone, also bluetooth headphones disconnect from iPhone to connec to Macbook after calls

Lately I've been having this issue with my Beats Flex headphones were they will disconnect from my iPhone after a call and automatically connect to my Macbook.

I never want to use these headphones with my Macbook. Ever.

When I go into the bluetooth settings in my Macbook to forget the headphones, it also removes it from my iPhone.

How do I stop my Macbook from connecting to these headphones?

And also how do I stop my headphones from disconnecting after calls???

iPhone 13

Posted on Jul 22, 2023 8:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2023 9:48 AM

Hmm, I may not have a solution for you, but I can try to explain what happens when you "forget" a Bluetooth device from a Mac.

Here is what is supposed to happen:

• Disconnection: If the Bluetooth device is currently connected to your Mac, it will be disconnected immediately upon forgetting it.
  • Removal from Paired Devices List: The Bluetooth device will be removed from the list of paired devices on your Mac. This list is accessible in the Bluetooth settings or menu bar, depending on your macOS version.
  • Automatic Reconnection: Once you forget the device, your Mac will no longer automatically connect to it in the future. If you want to use the device again, you'll have to go through the pairing process to establish a new connection.
  • Pairing Information: Forgetting a Bluetooth device only removes the pairing information.
  • Device Discovery: If the Bluetooth device is still in pairing mode, it will be discoverable by other devices again.

Ok, with that said, let's see if we can prevent your Macbook from automatically connecting to your Beats Flex headphones. You should be able to by disabling the auto-connect feature. Please try the following:

1. On your Macbook, click on the Apple menu and select 'System Preferences'.

2. Click on 'Bluetooth'.

3. In the list of devices, find your Beats Flex headphones and right-click on it.

4. From the dropdown menu, select 'Disconnect'.

5. Right-click on the headphones again and select 'Show More Info'.

6. In the new window, uncheck the 'Connect Automatically' option.

This should stop your Macbook from automatically connecting to your headphones.

As for the issue of your headphones disconnecting from your iPhone after calls, it might be due to some settings on your iPhone. Try the following steps:

1. On your iPhone, go to 'Settings'.

2. Tap on 'Bluetooth'.

3. Find your Beats Flex headphones in the list and tap on the 'i' icon next to it.

4. Make sure the 'Disconnect on Hangup' option is turned off.

If the problem persists, it might be a good idea to reset your Beats Flex headphones and then reconnect them to your iPhone. Ref: Reset your Beats earphones - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2023 9:48 AM in response to 123pugs

Hmm, I may not have a solution for you, but I can try to explain what happens when you "forget" a Bluetooth device from a Mac.

Here is what is supposed to happen:

• Disconnection: If the Bluetooth device is currently connected to your Mac, it will be disconnected immediately upon forgetting it.
  • Removal from Paired Devices List: The Bluetooth device will be removed from the list of paired devices on your Mac. This list is accessible in the Bluetooth settings or menu bar, depending on your macOS version.
  • Automatic Reconnection: Once you forget the device, your Mac will no longer automatically connect to it in the future. If you want to use the device again, you'll have to go through the pairing process to establish a new connection.
  • Pairing Information: Forgetting a Bluetooth device only removes the pairing information.
  • Device Discovery: If the Bluetooth device is still in pairing mode, it will be discoverable by other devices again.

Ok, with that said, let's see if we can prevent your Macbook from automatically connecting to your Beats Flex headphones. You should be able to by disabling the auto-connect feature. Please try the following:

1. On your Macbook, click on the Apple menu and select 'System Preferences'.

2. Click on 'Bluetooth'.

3. In the list of devices, find your Beats Flex headphones and right-click on it.

4. From the dropdown menu, select 'Disconnect'.

This should stop your Macbook from automatically connecting to your headphones.

As for the issue of your headphones disconnecting from your iPhone after calls, it might be due to some settings on your iPhone. Try the following steps:

1. On your iPhone, go to 'Settings'.

2. Tap on 'Bluetooth'.

3. Find your Beats Flex headphones in the list and tap on the 'i' icon next to it.

If the problem persists, it might be a good idea to reset your Beats Flex headphones and then reconnect them to your iPhone. Ref: Reset your Beats earphones - Apple Support

Jul 25, 2023 2:27 PM in response to Tesserax

I don't have this option when I right click after disconnecting. I'm on macOS 13.4.1

I don't have this option either. I'm on iOS version is 16.5.1 (c), iPhone 13

I've reset my headphones, but they still automatically appear on the "my devices" list on my laptop when I connect them to my phone.

Forgetting bluetooth headphones from Macbook also forgets it on iPhone, also bluetooth headphones disconnect from iPhone to connec to Macbook after calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.