Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

bluetooth headphones don't appear on Mac to connect

Headphones (Soundcore Q20+) work perfectly with iPhone (13 mini). Also work if connect via cable to MacBook Air (M1 2020). MBA Bluetooth has worked with other Bluetooth devices. It appear that it's only these Headphones that doesn't appear and can't connect.

suggestions? Thanks.

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2023 10:25 AM

If the headphones are not multipoint Bluetooth connect capable (being paired to multiple devices simultaneously), then you will need to unpair them from the current Bluetooth connection and follow that by pairing with the MacBook Air (uncabled). Otherwise, the device they are currently paired with will always win when closer to the headphones than the MacBook Air.

Also, keep your headphone firmware updated as these become available.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2023 10:25 AM in response to ArmandoWyo

If the headphones are not multipoint Bluetooth connect capable (being paired to multiple devices simultaneously), then you will need to unpair them from the current Bluetooth connection and follow that by pairing with the MacBook Air (uncabled). Otherwise, the device they are currently paired with will always win when closer to the headphones than the MacBook Air.

Also, keep your headphone firmware updated as these become available.

Jun 11, 2023 8:22 AM in response to DiZoE

Thanks. Yes, I had read that first.

Think I solved it. As I said, the headphones work fine with my iPhone. Even though I wasn't listening to anything on the iPhone, I tried to see what happens, if I disconnected iPhone. The headphones appeared on the Mac, and tested. headphones work with Mac.

Simple. headphones appear on only 1 device at a time. Apparently.

bluetooth headphones don't appear on Mac to connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.