Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to pair AKG y50BT headphones to iMac

Having recently upgraded to an iPhone 8 which doesn't have a 3.5mm jack socket, I bought a pair of AKG bluetooth headphones.

The headphones will pair nicely with the iPhone when I am out and about, but last night, they just WOULD NOT pair with the 27" iMac which sits quite close to my router.

Any clues why I should not be able to effect a good, solid pairing?

This is the Advanced set up I have for Bluetooth on the iMac

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Mar 16, 2020 4:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2020 8:36 AM

At the time of this reply, the headphone has been switched into pairing mode. There are no other devices paired with the imac.

When I checked my phone, the h/phone was connected with the phone. Unpaired h/p with phone and phone completely turned off. H/p reactivated and re-paired with iMac.

It appears that my h/phones were trying to establish a connection with my phone which was either in my pocket or being charged up at the time. It seems pretty evident that bluetooth only allows connection with one device at a time, and only between 2 devices, i.e. it doesn't like sharing

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2020 8:36 AM in response to Rudegar

At the time of this reply, the headphone has been switched into pairing mode. There are no other devices paired with the imac.

When I checked my phone, the h/phone was connected with the phone. Unpaired h/p with phone and phone completely turned off. H/p reactivated and re-paired with iMac.

It appears that my h/phones were trying to establish a connection with my phone which was either in my pocket or being charged up at the time. It seems pretty evident that bluetooth only allows connection with one device at a time, and only between 2 devices, i.e. it doesn't like sharing

Unable to pair AKG y50BT headphones to iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.