getting a 10bit heic wallpaper from another model/version of MacBook

so, I found a wallpaper that I really like but it seems that Apple has only provided the blue version of it on certain devices and mac os versions. so I got it off of the internet. but, I couldn't find a 10-bit high-quality heic copy of it anywhere. so I downloaded one that looks similar in the sittings hoping to find it in /system/library/desktop pictures and then edit it using Lightroom or something. but it looks like Mac doesn't save downloaded wallpapers in the same folder as the built-in ones.

So, if one of you guys has that picture in 10-bit heic or as a built-in wallpaper in the previously mentioned directory, I'll be very grateful if you could send it to me. or if anyone knows where I could find it.

Thanks a lot! ❤️

omar’s MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 23, 2023 4:00 PM

9 replies

Jul 25, 2023 6:43 AM in response to syamosx

syamosx wrote:

so, I found a wallpaper that I really like

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/540fb509-8c32-4a84-b021-cd13d79a66a3
but it seems that Apple has only provided the blue version of it on certain devices and mac os versions. so I got it off of the internet. but, I couldn't find a 10-bit high-quality heic copy of it anywhere. so I downloaded one that looks similar in the sittings hoping to find it in

/system/library/desktop pictures

and then edit it using Lightroom or something. but it looks like Mac doesn't save downloaded wallpapers in the same folder as the built-in ones.

There are on your 3 Libraries in macOS; you do not have r/w privileges to the /System

try again drag & drop into the /Library/Desktop Pictures

In Finder>Go>Go to Folder copy and paste:

/Library/Desktop Pictures

getting a 10bit heic wallpaper from another model/version of MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.