Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Not sending messages to only one person

Hello! So I’ve been having an issue sending messages to one person that I message daily. I turn off my iMessage but it still won’t let me message that person unless I have iMessage on. Also sending money to the same person that I have trouble messaging is a pain, I have to reset my Apple Pay to send the person money. Messaging with every other person is fine no problems, we aren’t on the same Apple ID. When I try to put my email to send messages and call instead of my number for iMessage it doesn’t let me. What do I do? I have an iPhone 14 and the other person has an iPhone 13

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Jul 23, 2023 9:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2023 9:58 PM

lilliana56 Said:

"Not sending messages to only one person: [...]we aren’t on the same Apple ID. When I try to put my email to send messages and call instead of my number for iMessage it doesn’t let me. What do I do? I have an iPhone 14 and the other person has an iPhone 13"

-------

Remove Security Software:

If you have security software, then uninstall it. It may be blocking this caller.

Blocking:

Make sure you are not blocking out the number. Undo what is set here: Avoid Unwanted Calls on iPhone - Apple Support

Contact your Carrier:

If this is only occurring with a particular caller, then contact your Carrier, as they are the one who provide you with the service of Calling.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2023 9:58 PM in response to lilliana56

lilliana56 Said:

"Not sending messages to only one person: [...]we aren’t on the same Apple ID. When I try to put my email to send messages and call instead of my number for iMessage it doesn’t let me. What do I do? I have an iPhone 14 and the other person has an iPhone 13"

-------

Remove Security Software:

If you have security software, then uninstall it. It may be blocking this caller.

Blocking:

Make sure you are not blocking out the number. Undo what is set here: Avoid Unwanted Calls on iPhone - Apple Support

Contact your Carrier:

If this is only occurring with a particular caller, then contact your Carrier, as they are the one who provide you with the service of Calling.

Not sending messages to only one person

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.