Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Related Article: Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown

I pay ICloud monthly to store my photos. Will I lose photos when the “ForYou”stream is discontinued?

I pay monthly for ICloud storage. Will the discontinuation of For You Stream delete my pictures from ICloud?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 10:00 AM

If you are asking about My Photo Stream:

My Photo Stream is shutting down on July 26, 2023. Only the copies of photos stored in the My Photo Stream folder in iCloud will be deleted. Photos in your Photos libraries on your devices are safe. Learn more about this transition and how to keep your photos up to date across all your devices and safely stored in iCloud by reading this support article —> Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown - Apple Support

"My Photo Stream" dates from 2011 and is an old precursor to iCloud Photos which replaced it in 2015*. Many people have never used it or have since transitioned to iCloud Photos. If you don't see a My Photo Stream folder/album in iCloud Photos then you don't use it and don't have to do anything.

1) Go to: Settings

2) Choose Your Name / AppleID

3) Go to iCloud

4) Go to Photos

5) See if you have My Photo Stream. If you do, read the support article about what to do.

* History summary here —> Is Apple doing away with Photo Stream ? - Apple Community

If you are using iPhoto (instead of Photos), read this post about what you need to do instead. -->

Nothing called "My Photo Stream" exists, … - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2023 10:00 AM in response to Oldcalendar

If you are asking about My Photo Stream:

My Photo Stream is shutting down on July 26, 2023. Only the copies of photos stored in the My Photo Stream folder in iCloud will be deleted. Photos in your Photos libraries on your devices are safe. Learn more about this transition and how to keep your photos up to date across all your devices and safely stored in iCloud by reading this support article —> Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown - Apple Support

"My Photo Stream" dates from 2011 and is an old precursor to iCloud Photos which replaced it in 2015*. Many people have never used it or have since transitioned to iCloud Photos. If you don't see a My Photo Stream folder/album in iCloud Photos then you don't use it and don't have to do anything.

1) Go to: Settings

2) Choose Your Name / AppleID

3) Go to iCloud

4) Go to Photos

5) See if you have My Photo Stream. If you do, read the support article about what to do.

* History summary here —> Is Apple doing away with Photo Stream ? - Apple Community

If you are using iPhoto (instead of Photos), read this post about what you need to do instead. -->

Nothing called "My Photo Stream" exists, … - Apple Community

I pay ICloud monthly to store my photos. Will I lose photos when the “ForYou”stream is discontinued?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.