Ticketmaster and Apple Wallet- Ticketmaster requiring Face ID

Ticketmaster requires Face ID in order to add the ticket to Apple Wallet. But there is an error message "unable to add pass, try again later". On my Apple device under Face ID, Ticketmaster isn't listed and I don't see a way to add it. Ticketmaster has not given assistance to correct. Only to make sure I am on the latest iOS and the latest Ticketmaster app. I have read some comments that Ticketmaster requires the same ID as my Apple ID and that since Ticketmaster is using a changing barcode system, it can't be added to Apple Wallet. Any updates or assistance will be appreciated.

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2023 2:37 PM

I’ve deleted Ticketmaster and reinstalled. Still unable to access my tickets. There is no option to allow Ticketmaster access to the camera either.

Apparently a terrible decision by Ticketmaster to require facial ID to download your tickets!

26 replies

Jul 24, 2023 10:28 AM in response to Jeff Donald

Thank you Jeff. I did see all of that. I have not deleted the Ticketmaster app, readd it, to see if that makes a difference. Whenever I click on the link for their latest version it just takes me to the app store and my option is to open it. And the one site I have purchased tickets previously is having the same issue.

I'll go through some additional steps to see if that does anything. Thank you

Jul 24, 2023 10:39 AM in response to jeffryfromfrankfort

You have to delete the current TicketMaster app on your iPhone and then your download a new Ticketmaster app from the App Store.

>> Remove apps

Do any of the following:

• Remove an app from the Home Screen: Touch and hold the app on the Home Screen, tap Remove App, then tap Remove from Home Screen to keep it in App Library, or tap Delete App to delete it from iPhone.
  • Delete an app from App Library and Home Screen: Touch and hold the app in App Library, tap Delete App, then tap Delete. (See Find your apps in App Library.)

If you change your mind, you can redownload apps you’ve removed. <<

Remove apps from iPhone - Apple Support

Jul 24, 2023 10:21 AM in response to jeffryfromfrankfort

I don’t believe this is an Apple iPhone issue. Across multiple social media sites this issue is being reported. This is from the Ticketmaster support site.

• You may have purchased a ticket from a third-party platform that wasn’t transferred correctly.
  • You may not be using the latest version of iOS 16.4 and the latest version of the Ticketmaster app.
  • Your phone may not support the latest iOS which is required to add tickets to your wallet.
  • You may be attempting to add tickets that are already in someone else's wallet. Any tickets purchased from an individual Ticketmaster account can only be linked to one Apple ID. If you need to send another fan a ticket, visit the FAQ How do I transfer tickets? to learn how.

1. Head to the Ticketmaster app to find your ticket.
  2. Ensure you’ve upgraded your phone to iOS 16.4 or above, you’re using the latest version of our app and that any ticket within the Ticketmaster account hasn’t been downloaded to another fan’s Apple Wallet.
  3. Once you’re on the latest version of each, press the add-to-wallet button.
  4. Verify your Apple ID, and you’ll be ready to go!

You can also use the rotating barcode from your My Account to get into your event. If you can’t view your ticket in your Ticketmaster app or view the rotating entry token, please contact the seller you purchased your ticket from.

Mar 7, 2024 5:54 AM in response to jeffryfromfrankfort

I just tried to setup FaceID on my iPhone. I have to chose which type of use I am setting it up for. It gives me four choices and it can turn on any number of them. The four choices are: iPhone Unlock, iTunes & App Store, Wallet & Apple Pay, Password AutoFill. Does any know which one or ones TicketMaster requires? I don't want to turn on unnecessary options.

Thanks, Bob

Ticketmaster and Apple Wallet- Ticketmaster requiring Face ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.