Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

How can I edit my dictionary on the iPhone?

I must have saved "chicago" on my iPhone and now no matter when I drag type chicago it won't automatically correct 'chicago' to "Chicago", it stopped giving it the uppercase. So I think I saved "chicago" to do the library and refuses.

If you know how to go into the dictionary and remove that added worded, "chicago" so that it can keep correcting Chicago. Or if you know another reason. Do tell tell!

Ping Pong Me 🙄

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 8:01 PM

Hello Indivine!

You cannot “go into the dictionary.”

However, you can reset the Keyboard Dictionary. To do this, please go to: Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Keyboard Dictionary. From there, follow any on-screen instructions to complete the reset.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2023 8:01 PM in response to Indivine

Hello Indivine!

You cannot “go into the dictionary.”

However, you can reset the Keyboard Dictionary. To do this, please go to: Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Keyboard Dictionary. From there, follow any on-screen instructions to complete the reset.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

How can I edit my dictionary on the iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.