You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound on airtag

How to turn off the sound on the airtag after 3 days of not connecting to the iPhone? I put an airtag on my dog ​​and sent it without me from one country to another. The dog will ride for about 7 days. And I just found out that after 3 days the airtag will start making sounds! How can I disable this option remotely? The dog will be very worried, and people will be annoyed by this sound.

AirTag

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 5:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 10:21 AM

It turns out that if I left some thing at work and went on a business trip or got sick, my airtag will yell in the office until I return or until my colleagues throw it away ??

7 replies

Jul 25, 2023 12:02 PM in response to elizaveta134

Ok, in this situation, where the AirTag will be separated from your iPhone, BUT will basically remain in the same location, Apple provides you with a feature to disable the notification at locations you specify.

You would find this option with the Find My app on your phone.

1. Tap on the app to open it.
  2. Then select the Items tab.
  3. Select your AirTag.
  4. Look for the option to "Notify You Except At." Note: Sorry, that may not be the exact wording as I don't have my iPhone handy at this moment.
  5. Enter the location where you will be leaving your AirTag.

Jul 25, 2023 7:53 AM in response to elizaveta134

The only way to disable the AirTag's sound is to remove its battery.

AirTags are not really suitable for keeping track of pets. You (& your dog) are now experiencing this.

This is how the AirTags are designed to work. By that I mean that when the AirTag is separated from its owner (your iPhone), it will start making a sound. Alternately, if the AirTag is separated AND it is traveling with someone (people or pet), it will make a sound. It will also notify any iPhone user that "An AirTag is traveling with them." This is a security measure Apple implemented on these AirTags to prevent stalking.

I suggest that you consider not using an AirTag for your pet, and instead, get a dedicated GPS tag which is best designed for this purpose.

Jul 25, 2023 11:57 AM in response to elizaveta134

elizaveta134 wrote:

If I remove the device from my iPhone remotely, will it help to avoid loud noises?

Sorry, but no. Again, if the AirTag is separated from your iPhone, it will start beeping after a certain amount of time. If you have used a training collar with your dog, it may confuse it as most of these collars will "beep" before they apply a "shock." If you haven't used these, your dog may still be very sensitive to any noises near it ...

... again, why using an AirTag for this will not work well.

Sound on airtag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.