how do i reset my face ID after it has been disabled for some issue

i had my face ID before but the. it stopped working and it now says on settings that it was disabled due to an issue so it told me to update my phone which i did. but it’s still not working

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 2:21 PM

This Support article is specific to seeing a 'disabled' Face ID alert, and explains what to do when you see that notice. --> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Unless a software update solves the problem you may need to have Apple take a look at your device. Use this link to set up an appointment —> Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2023 2:21 PM in response to aayla243

This Support article is specific to seeing a 'disabled' Face ID alert, and explains what to do when you see that notice. --> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Unless a software update solves the problem you may need to have Apple take a look at your device. Use this link to set up an appointment —> Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

how do i reset my face ID after it has been disabled for some issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.