Unauthorized Payment to "Star Apps" on Apple Card

I didn’t sign up to a subscription

and going to call bank in morning as this is fraud

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 9:18 AM

I’d like to cancel the StarApps subscription and get refunded, how do I go about it?

66 replies

Nov 2, 2023 2:58 PM in response to nickol50

I don’t know what this star app is but I want to cancel this subscription cause your taking 19.99 out of my account and you have been doing that , I want all my money back for all those times you took it from me and I’m going to my bank having them report you and have them stop letting you take my money, I’m being nice right now but if I see that you have taken anymore of my money I will not be nice anymore, do the right thing and put my money back into my account and cancel my subscription

Nov 13, 2023 4:08 PM in response to Logan_Will22

I don’t know what this star app is but I want to cancel this subscription cause your taking 19.99 out of my account and you have been doing that , I want all my money back for all those times you took it from me and I’m going to my bank having them report you and have them stop letting you take my money, I’m being nice right now but if I see that you have taken anymore of my money I will not be nice anymore, do the right thing and put my money back into my account and cancel my subscription

Jul 25, 2023 2:32 PM in response to Carlknox

HI, what is starapps? Is the subscription you’re referring to? Have you setup a Family Sharing account? If so, could a family members have started a trial subscription and forgotten to cancel the trial?

You can request a refund for the subscription or file a dispute with your credit card company/bank. It’s up to you, but doing both can lead to negative consequences.

If you’d like to request a refund on the subscription, please post a reply and we post a link to several support articles about cancelling a subscription.

Feb 6, 2024 5:28 AM in response to atra258

Star app is a company that develops games. Have you subscribed to any games recently? The game is not called Star App. It’s the company that develops games. Some games are for children and some are for adults. I easily counted about 20 different apps they developed that are available in the Apple App Store.

Use the links I provided above to contact Apple subscription and billing support and cancel the subscription. You also have a link to request a link if you feel you did not sign up for the subscription.

Jan 11, 2024 10:05 AM in response to jeana117

Do you have any apps installed related to astrology?

Here is link to a website by that name. It specializes in software to help people start their own online stores.

https://www.starapps.com/

One post in this thread mentions Astrologia which is a class of astrology apps. It’s quite possible that who ever developed this app is using Starapps to process payments.

Searching on Astrologia in the iPhone App Store reveals numerous astrology apps available. Perhaps you are all using Astrology apps and didn’t recognize the billing party?

Mar 11, 2024 10:56 AM in response to Kwilliams04

Star app is a company that develops games. Have you subscribed to any games recently? The game is not called Star App. It’s the company that develops games. Some games are for children and some are for adults. I easily counted about 20 different apps they developed that are available in the Apple App Store.

Check for subscriptions that you accidentally or forgotten you’d signed up for. I’ve linked to several Apple Support articles that explain finding your subscriptions and requesting refunds.

If you don't recognize a charge - Apple Support

If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

If the subscription doesn’t appear, you probably signed up for the app outside of the App Store and you’ll need to contact the merchant concerning refunds. You can always dispute the charge with your bank (card issuer) as well.

Mar 5, 2024 4:19 AM in response to Isabella18

Star App is a company that develops games. Have you subscribed to any games recently? The game is not called Star App. It’s the company that develops games. Some games are for children and some are for adults. I easily counted about 20 different apps they developed that are available in the Apple App Store.

Use the links I provided above to contact Apple subscription and billing support and cancel the subscription. You also have a link to request a refund if you feel you did not sign up for the subscription.

Dec 22, 2023 10:50 AM in response to belongstobobbyz

You are all posting into thin air. Apple Support its not here. None of are Apple employees but are volunteers and none of us are paid by Apple to try and answer your questions. We have no access to your accounts and no power to deal with your requests. All we can do is provide a link to see your purchases and subscriptions.

Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

Unauthorized Payment to "Star Apps" on Apple Card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.