Macbook Pro M1 2020 random screen flicker and abnormal contrast issue.

About 5 days earlier my macbook display's contrast slightly increased automatically and some light colors in the screen started flickering a bit. This is happening randomly like when I close the laptop and start it after a few hours everything is fine but after some hours (sometimes) it starts again.

Sometimes it doesn’t happen for a long time or not at all, like right now as I am typing everything is fine. Too random, searched all the settings everyting is fine. Can’t figure out the problem.

Attaching a video. In which you can see behind the spotlight menu the background is flickering a bit, also the entire screen contrast increased a bit (not drastically).

https://veed.io/view/5009af8a-13a5-4f62-85f8-88ee1f88929d

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 2:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 6:40 AM

Hi,

Try to check your MacBook Pro with Apple Diagnostics if it reports display related error.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help or error reported, you'd better contact Apple Support or take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2023 6:40 AM in response to ayusha259

Hi,

Try to check your MacBook Pro with Apple Diagnostics if it reports display related error.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help or error reported, you'd better contact Apple Support or take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Jul 31, 2023 9:33 AM in response to ayusha259

Facing the flickering issue since yesterday [30th July 2023]. It suddenly started while I was using the MacBook [ 13inch MacBook Pro M1 chip 2020 model ].

In my case dark areas in the screen are flickering. The videos and photos seems to be a bit dark and not normal.

Slightly higher contrast.

The flickering is more prominently visible when the curser is on a text box, and waiting for us to type something.

And when ever I touch the trackpad, there is a flicker, and the flickering continues as long as I keep moving my finger on the trackpad.

Tried adjusting all display settings, auto brightness, True Tone, colour profile and every thing. I even erased my MAC and reset it. upgraded the OS to latest version [ Ventura 13.5 ]

No use.

This is happening in recovery mode also.

Macbook Pro M1 2020 random screen flicker and abnormal contrast issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.