Fcpx : My motorized slider it’s ruining my audios

Hello I bought a slider and now that I started filming I got a problem, it ruins all my audios . The noise coming from the slider it’s not nice in the background. 

I film a lot of ASMR videos and the raw background audio it’s very important to me . 

The noise of the slider it’s annoying in the background and it overpowers the ambient noises that I like to keep in my videos . Is there any way to remove in post production the background noise from this slider without losing all the rest of the ambient background noise ? 

thanks for reading 🙏🙏

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 4:47 PM

You could try the Voice Memos app on your phone to record the audio. It's just audio so files will be much smaller. Make sure you clap in front of the camera where both the camera and the iPhone can hear it so you can sync them up in FCP. You will probably need to convert the Voice Memos mp3 or aac file into a 48kHz wav file using something like the free Audacity before importing into FCP.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2023 4:47 PM in response to gildalara2021

You could try the Voice Memos app on your phone to record the audio. It's just audio so files will be much smaller. Make sure you clap in front of the camera where both the camera and the iPhone can hear it so you can sync them up in FCP. You will probably need to convert the Voice Memos mp3 or aac file into a 48kHz wav file using something like the free Audacity before importing into FCP.

Jul 26, 2023 8:11 AM in response to gildalara2021

How are you capturing the audio for your videos?

If the camera is mounted on a slider, the mic from the camera is very close to it.

If you can record audio with, for example, audio recorders with lavalier microphones, you can then synchronize that audio in FCP and turn off the audio from the camera. That should produce much better audio, anyway.

Jul 26, 2023 11:05 AM in response to gildalara2021

I didn't know what an ASMR video is so I looked online and it appears to be a "soothing one".

Does this mean there is no speech involved, just the ambient sounds?

If this is the case the simplest, cheapest and best solution would be to record the ambient sounds on your phone, placed well away from the camera/slider and import it into FCP as Luis advised.

Fcpx : My motorized slider it’s ruining my audios

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.