How do I start a brand new texting (SMS & iMsg types) thread with the same phone #s?

I don't want to reuse the previous thread. I want to start a brand new thread. Is that possible? Or do I have to delete the previous texting thread to start a new thread?

I wished there was a way to keep old text threads too in folders or something. Basically, like organizing like e-mails. This is in iPhones (11 Pro Max, 12, and 13 with updated iOS v16.6).

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 8:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 9:15 AM

antdude wrote:

I don't want to reuse the previous thread. I want to start a brand new thread. Is that possible? Or do I have to delete the previous texting thread to start a new thread?

I wished there was a way to keep old text threads too in folders or something. Basically, like organizing like e-mails. This is in iPhones (11 Pro Max, 12, and 13 with updated iOS v16.6).

There is no option to start a new thread or organize into a folder.

Delete the thread and start a new one.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2023 9:15 AM in response to antdude

antdude wrote:

There is no option to start a new thread or organize into a folder.

Delete the thread and start a new one.

How do I start a brand new texting (SMS & iMsg types) thread with the same phone #s?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.